-Casual Cute -Tonight is a low-key night where each chapter will inform you on their philanthropy and all the work they do toward their different organizations.
What is Philanthropy Day for Rush?
“[Philanthropy Day is] meant to introduce you to each sorority on campus and their respective philanthropic initiatives,” she said. “There are different activities and projects that you guys will work on based on that [chapter’s initiative].”
What do you talk about on Philanthropy Day?
On this day you can expect to meet between 2 – 3 members. Questions to ask on this day: What are your favorite parts of your chapter’s philanthropy? What are you looking forward to this upcoming year? What are some of your favorite things about volunteering?
What sororities should I ask on Philanthropy Day?
Questions to ask during Philanthropy Round
- What does your sorority’s philanthropy mean to you?
- How do you personally get involve with your chapter’s philanthropy?
- Are there any events that your chapter puts on to promote your philanthropic partner?
- How can new members get involved with your chapter’s philanthropy?
What are the rounds of rush?
Generally, most sororities do recruitment in four rounds: open house, house tours, skit/philanthropy, and preference. Some sororities may only have three if the sorority doesn’t have a house.
What is the most expensive sorority?
According to data from the 2015-2016 school year, the least amount a UCF student would have to pay as a new member of a sorority is $956 per semester at Delta Zeta, compared with the highest amount – $2,346 – at Delta Delta Delta. The Tri Delta membership costs more because meals are included in the plan.
What sorority is the hardest to get into?
Alpha Phi is the hardest to get into… Depending on how many legacies are going through recruitment, probably Kappa Delta is the hardest.
How do you stand out during Preference round?
here are 6 tips to help you stand out during pref.
- Tip #1 Tell them how you are feeling. You HAVE to open up to the sorority members this round. It is very important. …
- Tip #2. Confidence is key. I am a big believer that your attitude attracts the type of people in your life. …
- Tip #3. Ask questions.
How do you stand out in Philanthropy round?
HOW TO STAND OUT DURING PHILANTHROPY ROUND.
- Look over your list before you go into the round. Want to learn about how to create your list? …
- Act like you are talking to your best friends. …
- Make connections.
- Ask at least one question at every sorority.
- Stay open-minded about each sorority.
- Show off your personal style.
What questions do sororities ask you?
Questions Sorority Members May Ask You:
- Where are you from? What’s your hometown?
- What dorm are you in?
- What classes are you taking?
- Do you have a major already?
- Did you have a fun summer? …
- How are you enjoying rush/recruitment?
- Have you met your roommate yet? …
- How are you enjoying your first week of school so far?
What PNMs should I ask during philanthropy?
Important Questions to Ask PNMs
- What did you do in high school? …
- Have you done any philanthropic work? …
- How do you like [the name of your school] so far? …
- Why did you decide to come out for recruitment? …
- What did you do this summer? …
- Are you looking into any other clubs or other extra-curricular organizations?
How do sororities choose you?
“Mutual selection process”: The computer program that most big schools use to match PNMs to houses. After each round of recruitment, the PNMs rank the houses they went to in order of preference, and the sororities will rank the PNMs in terms of preference.
What should you not say during sorority rush?
So when talking to potential new members you need to:
- Speak positively about your sorority and sisters in your chapter.
- Avoid talking about sorority drama.
- No swearing or cussing.
- Don’t lie about your sorority.
- Don’t speak negatively about other sororities or fraternities.
- Don’t guarantee PNMs a bid to your sorority.