Why awareness about organ donation after death is increasing these days?
(1) Due to accidents or illness, there may be damage to vital organs. (2) Sometimes their ability to function at the fullest suffers. (3) There is increased incidence of such cases in recent times.
Why is organ donation awareness important?
Help us get more of your friends, colleagues, relatives and others know more about organ donation. … Awareness on organ donation, is therefore the only way out of this depressing scenario. The more potential donors there are, the more the likelihood of organs becoming available to save lives.
What will you do to increase awareness about organ donation?
- Support of the media in promoting the cause.
- Increase in number of hospitals/centres doing transplantation especially liver.
- Increase in number of trained transplant coordinators in the programme.
- State Government’s proactive role in the programme in some of the states.
How long after death can organs be donated?
Typically when a person suffers a cardiac death, the heart stops beating. The vital organs quickly become unusable for transplantation. But their tissues – such as bone, skin, heart valves and corneas – can be donated within the first 24 hours of death.
What are the pros and cons of organ donation?
Pros and Cons of Organ Donation
- You can save a life, possibly multiple lives. You may even save the life of someone you love.
- Your family can find comfort in knowing your organs saved others. …
- Organ donors and recipients do not have to be an exact match. …
- Medical research donation can save even more lives.
Which organs can you donate while you are still alive?
Kidney and liver transplants are the most common types of living-donor organ procedures, but living people may also donate tissues for transplantation, such as skin, bone marrow and blood-forming cells (stem cells) that have been damaged or destroyed by disease, drugs or radiation.
What is the observation of organ donation?
by observing the mission of organ donation, it has come to a conclusion that people still do not donate their organs because of lacking in information. for body donation, people in India have a strict rule in their religion that after the death they have to burn their body and convert it into ash..
Can I donate my heart while still alive?
You can donate some organs and tissues while you’re alive. Most living donations happen between family members or close friends. Other people choose to donate to someone they don’t know.