What is organ donation essay?
Organ donation is defined as giving an organ or part of an organ to be transplanted into another person. Organ transplantation is the only option to save lives in patients affected by terminal organ failures and improve their quality of life.
What is organ donation and why is it important?
The person who gives the organs is called a donor while a person who receives the organ is called a recipient. One brain dead donor can save up to eight lives of people suffering from end-stage organ failures. Donation affects more than donors and recipients.
Can I donate my heart while still alive?
You can donate some organs and tissues while you’re alive. Most living donations happen between family members or close friends. Other people choose to donate to someone they don’t know.
How do you encourage organ donation?
Promote organ donation
- Learn the facts.
- Sign up to be an organ donor.
- Talk about your decision to friends and family.
- Include donation in your advance directives, living will and end of life documents.
- Support local organizations and events.
What are the disadvantages of organ donation?
Here Are the Cons of Organ Donation
- It can prolong the grieving period of a family. …
- There is not always a choice for the donation. …
- Not everyone can become an organ donor. …
- Organ donations can lead to other health problems. …
- Not every organ which is donated will be accepted.
What are the pros and cons of organ donation?
Pros and Cons of Organ Donation
- You can save a life, possibly multiple lives. You may even save the life of someone you love.
- Your family can find comfort in knowing your organs saved others. …
- Organ donors and recipients do not have to be an exact match. …
- Medical research donation can save even more lives.
What is skin donation essay?
Just as organ donation can be a life saver for people in need of transplants due to organ failure, skin donation gives a new lease of life to those whose skin damage cannot be repaired through natural regenerative process, like in cases of severe burns.
What is the age limit for organ donation?
There is no age limit for organ donation as long as the organs are healthy; however, you have to be younger than 81 years old to donate your tissues. Many diseases do not exclude you from organ and tissue donation.
Can the brain be transplanted?
Theoretically, a person with advanced organ failure could be given a new and functional body while keeping their own personality, memories, and consciousness through such a procedure. No human brain transplant has ever been conducted.